Instructions to students and parents
Rules and Regulations of SVM
- Regular classes are scheduled from Monday to Saturday between 9 AM and 3.30 PM
- The students should get into their respective class rooms well in time.
- Attendance will be taken at the commencement of every lecture.
- Punctuality and discipline in college premises will be strictly followed. Students should be in class, by 8.50 AM. Late comers will not be allowed to enter class without a note from the Principal. During the class students cannot change their place or leave the class without the permission of the concerned lecturer.
- Students requiring leave must apply for the same. Leave may be granted for genuine reasons only. A note justifying unforeseen leave, duly signed by parent or guardian or warden must be produced before entering class. Medical Certificate is mandatory when a student is absent for more than 3 days due to illness.
- As per the Pre-University Board, a minimum of 75% attendance per subject is compulsory. Students who have less than 75% attendance in any subject will not be allowed to take the Annual Board Exam.
- Serious note will be taken if a student is absent without prior permission for the college examinations or at the re-opening of classes after a vacation. If a student is ill during this period, parents have to inform the college authorities about the absence of their ward on the day of the examination itself. And later produce a medical certificate. The college reserves the right to reject or cancel any leave applied for or granted.
- The college takes note of serious misbehavior, insubordination, habitual tardiness, irregular work habits, inattentive in class, late coming and obscenity which are punishable by temporary or permanent dismissal. Minor offences are punishable by a fine or loss of attendance.
- The college is not responsible for the misconduct of its students outside its premises. However, it will take strict note of serious misconduct of its students that may cause damage to the college reputation. If found guilty, the misconduct shall be punishable according to the gravity of the offence.
- Students should possess the college identity card and produce it whenever asked for.
- Internal assessment is part of the curriculum. Students' performance and growth will be assessed through regular weekly and monthly tests.
- Personal belongings should have a mark of identification of the student. All lost or found property should be brought to the college office.
- Picnics and educational tours may be organized with the prior permission of the Principal. Students need to get written permission from their parents to take part in such events.
- Any political agitation directed against the authority of Government will not be allowed. Participation in such activity or any other public movement without the permission of the college authorities will be considered illegal.
- Students are expected to use the classroom furniture with care. Scribbling on the walls, sketching on desks or benches will be considered serious offence. A very serious cognizance will be taken if any student is found chewing gum and sticking it on the furniture or throwing it in the classroom. Any disobedience to this rule will be considered serious misconduct and suitable action will be taken.